Host Kari Ginger learns about coffee roasting, the sourcing of coffee, and coffee quality from Brian Gumm, founder of Ross Street Roasting Company. Ross Street Roasting Co. was founded in 2015 by Brian Gumm and a silent partner/investor. Their first large volume purchase of un-roasted/green coffee was a Direct Trade deal with a producer in Matagalpa, Nicaragua, and that relationship has deepened over the past 3 years along with other sourcing relationships including one more Direct Trade partner from Papua New Guinea. Ross Street Roasting Co.’s mission is to “Turn coffee drinkers into coffee lovers,” and part of that entails introducing customers to high levels of traceability for the excellent coffees that they love.
- Ep 46: The Market Farmer Life – with Conor Crickmore of Neversink Farm
- Ep 45: Why We Need Regionally Adapted Seeds – with Brijette Peña
- Ep 44: Where Our Water Comes From (Part 2) – with Charles Fishman
- Ep 43: Where Our Water Comes From (Part 1) – with Charles Fishman
- Ep 42: Fun with Fungi – with Tradd Cotter from Mushroom Mountain